- Sleeps 3 in 1 double bedroom and 1 single bedroom
- Located centrally in Buxton on an “access only” side street
- Good restaurants and pubs within a short walking distance
- Private parking in gated parking area
- Central heating and double glazing
- Outside seating in a private garden area
- Free High Speed Wifi and TV catchup box
- Open coal or log fire
- TripAdvisor 5 star rated – read reviews
Visit the beautiful Derbyshire Peak District staying in our quality 17th century holiday cottage located in the old Victorian spa town of Buxton. Also apart from Buxton being the highest town in England – it is a Market Town in the centre of the Derbyshire Peak District – a great place to use as a base for walking, cycling or simply taking in the views and visiting the local villages and towns.
Visitors from across the world have been attracted to the warm Buxton spring waters since pre Roman times.
An old cottage with modern facilities and an open fire
Until the early 1900s Smithys Cottage was the home of the local blacksmith for several hundred years – now refurbished into comfortable accommodation it still retains a lot of its old period charm:-
- a large oak beam fireplace with cast iron open fire.
- 2′ thick limestone walls with deep recessed windows
- walls that slope inwards upstairs and outwards downstairs
- with hardly a “90 degree angle” in the house to be found!
During the day: you can walk the peaks and dales, the moors and the beautiful rambling countryside. The whole of the Peak District is great for walking, cycling or just driving and sight seeing all through the year.
In the evening: explore Buxton’s old parks and victorian gardens and visit the local restaurants and pubs and the Buxton Opera House (without having to drive anywhere). Help yourself to the famous Buxton Spring Water at St.Annes Well (it’s free to collect it from the spring near the town centre ……… but you need to take your own bottles).
Or simply just relax: in our c17th century holiday cottage located in a quiet (access only) street but close to the main market square of Buxton – in the summer sit outside and enjoy a BBQ.
Around Buxton: is some of the most beautiful hills and countryside in the UK. Whether you enjoy walking, rambling, cycling, rock climbing or just simply taking in the superb views. Buxton is located centrally within the Derbyshire Peak District making it easy to get to all these great facilities.
Location of Smithys Cottage
Smithy’s Cottage is located on a low traffic “access only” street (SK176HD) which is near the centre of Buxton. It has a large private parking area with space for a BBQ and seating next to the cottage. The cottage is in easy walking distance to some of the great pubs and restaurants and the local amenities which includes the famous Buxton Opera House.
Please write a review (if you have stayed at Smithys Cottage)